Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Emilyn had a great first Easter. Saturday we went out to my mom's for the annual egg hunt she puts on for all the nieces, nephews, grand kids, or really any kid even remotely related to our family. The entire hunt lasted all but about 15 minutes, and the kids had fun despite the rain. Emilyn stayed inside for most of it.

World's cutest nephew, Gus!



World's cutest niece, Amelia!



Sunday we got up and went to church then headed to Kyle's parents for lunch. Claire made a fabulous meal as usual. Auntie Liz took Emilyn out to the rabbit hutch to see the bunnies. She loved watching them and laughed when she would touch their soft fur.





The family




Unfortunately I had to spend most of the afternoon working on my literature review for my research paper, but not before we got some fun pictures of Emi wearing the bunny ears. I know it's cruel, but I couldn't resist. Can anyone say chubby bunny?



Serenading us at the piano


Let's eat!


The loves of my life


Everyone keeps saying just wait, next year she will be running around with all the other kids hunting for eggs. A few months ago I couldn't wait for her hold her head up, smile, sit up, eat solid foods and all the other milestones. With every new development I keep looking towards the next one. I realized the other day that although it will be exciting when she can crawl, talk, or feed herself, I will never get this time with her again. I am having to force myself to slow down and soak in what she is right now- at this very moment...to savor the little noises she makes, to pause a little longer as I cuddle with her at bedtime, to let her take things in at her own pace. Because the pace of life around her sure seems to be going pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment