Friday, October 14, 2011

The Chair

I know you all (All 3 of you faithful followers. You are the best! I love you. When this blog hits it big time I will forever acknowledge you as being my first.) Sorry for the side track.

Anyhow, like I was saying. I know you have all been waiting on pins and needles for the unveiling of "The Chair". It's a sentimental one so get the kleenex ready kids.

When my grandma decided to move out of her house, the only house I have known her to live in, the house that holds so many childhood memories..sniff sniff. She started cleaning out. As she decided what to give away she would put things in her basement. We would occasionally go over to shop in "Grandma's Bargain Basement". When I saw "The Chair" sitting down there looking lonely in the corner I knew I needed to take it home. I remember playing with this chair when I was a kid. There was no way I was letting some stranger buy it at Grandma's yard sale and take it to their strange house and let their strange kid play with it. I would rescue it and let MY strange kids play with it! But not before giving it a little nip-tuck.

Now, if any of you know me, you know I am not the best at finishing projects. Really good at starting...I won't tell you when I started it. The important thing is that I finished it before my kids were too big to use it! Victory! So once more here are the "befores". Lovely floral with touches of harvest gold....




Here is the "before" of where Emilyn used to read her books.



We gave her the chair for her birthday. Here she is reading her books before bed. Happy as a clam in her new chair.


The After

Much better!

Grandma and Emilyn


A small tribute to Grandma's house.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Kate! I love it! And it looks like Emilyn does, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know...The chair is adorable, but the huggies box is going to be hard to beat for cozy reading;) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete