Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm Back!

So I have a confession, the "formatting issues" mentioned in the previous post really were OCD issues. As I am out and about blog-stalking I have seen so many people's REALLY cute blogs. Really how hard could it be? Apparently harder than I can handle. I struggle with having something plain and un-original. The perfectionist in me is throwing a royal tantrum right now. Maybe I'm just not meant to have a cute blog. Maybe people will come here because they enjoy the content of what I write.....ha! Oh well, you're here now, right?

I imagined my homecoming to the blogging world to be somewhat grand. I imagined I would post something amazingly witty as well as insightful and humorous all at the same time. Balloons and party blowers were even considered. The longer I waited to start blogging, the bigger my comeback post was idealized. So I figured I better just bite the bullet and do it. Otherwise it may have gotten out of hand and I would have felt compelled to do a tutorial of some sort or started giving stuff away.

A LOT has happened since my last post. Was that over a year ago?! Good grief! I could expound on all of it but I don't have the time right now, plus I would feel guilty making you read through it all. Maybe some day...in small doses. For now I will condense it into a list:

1) A lot of holidays came and went. We celebrated most of them in some way.
2) We probably took a few little trips to the west side of the state.
3) We added a member to our family! Not a dog you goons, a baby. Aston Lewis to be exact.
4) We won the lottery and bought a condo in Hawaii!

Okay, so only the first 3 are true. I almost had some of you didn't I? Who am I kidding? I know that most of you who read this keep in touch on a somewhat regular basis and you know better. A girl can try can't she?

There it is folks, in an effort to keep my sanity you may be seeing me around here more frequently. But don't get your hopes up.

I'll leave you with this picture of my adorable kids.


3 comments:

  1. katie! i am SO glad you are back! i miss you! hope you guys are doing well. :) hopefully we can get together sometime soon, at least over the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO Glad you are back! Adorable picture of your two sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for being back. I'm looking forward to many updates now ;). Your little ones are getting SO big. And they look so much like both you and Kyle. I love it!

    ReplyDelete